Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thelma reflects on some life lessons, emperors an such

Posted on/at 7:59 PM by Thelma

Shew-ey, we sure done been some busy gals this last month. Louise an I has had the wanderin feet. Now, Louise likes ta take them wanderin feet ta the hot spots ta find her a side a that beefcake, sure enough she does. She'd like ta think that Thelma does the same on my wanderin alone in the wilderness, find me a spot of the beefcake and release some pressures she's done convinced are buildin up in me.

Now, Louise ain't never been married, so she ain't got tha experience of dealin with that beefcake full time like. Wears on a gal somethin fierce, the nonstop dumbassery of a fool man. Now, Thelma ain't paintin all men such, cuz I know there are some fine men out there. I just had me the terrible misfortune ta marry me a sadsack of a man, lordamighty, but he wasa huge dumbass. So when I got me shut of that mistake, I swore ta waste no more of my time on it. An I ain't. Much. Hardly ever. Some. Upon occasion. Every now an then.

I'm jus sayin. Every now an then they ain't no harm in it. No fowl, neither, unless ya are bent that way.

So, there I was on my foray inta the library wilderness. Gawdamighty, I love me some books. Drool over em. Read over there at Kim's at Counterin about the dopamine. Damn that's my dopamine. So picture ya this. Thelma ain't rough on the eyes, but I ain't nothin special. Past any prime I mighta had, an I'm a solid gal. No frills with Thelma, but a good heart an some intensity ta my emotions. I ain't got the bounce a Louise, but I ain't too bad, neither.

In the midst of all that dopamine singin through my body as I sat in that lovely library, in he walked, a little old man shorter than Thelma, gawd love him, with enough wear an tear on him ta make a gal curious what his pain had been an whether she might find a way ta ease it, ifn ya know what I am sayin. He was bent forward, narrow shoulders hunched under the weight of his books. Lord, I jumped right up and stomped on over ta him and relieved him of his burden. He smiled on up at Thelma, his dentures jus a glistenin. What a smile. Coke bottle glasses and rheumy gray eyes somewhere in there. He was a keeper. Thelma's gotta soft heart, I do, ya know I do. I looked down at what he was readin and I plumb near fell in a swoon. That man was bent over the weight of books on the Roman Empire and an Egypt. Lord he was back in time, and I pictured him with Indiana Jones's hat. Love at first sight, I tell ya. I helped him get his books turned in, and I walked his sweet droopy ass on outa that library an ta a nearby coffee shop. Talked his ears off, at least until he turned the hearin aids off, said I was explodin his heart with all my words.


Lordy, but it was a lovely week. Might havta get back ta the emperor someday soon. Lovely talk an all, ifn ya know what I mean.

1 comments:

Louise said...

Thelma my gal! I knew it! You is too much a woman ta be jus livin in tha books if ya ken me..Ya gots a womans needs! Boy howdy and a side'o afternnon dee light! Yee Ha! I'ma hopin yer "emperor" weren't wearin any new clothes..or any clothes for true! Best not let mamma H know..

Post a Comment